How To Pick The Best SPF
BITTY BRAH founder Larinna here! Anyone who knows me knows that SPF has always been something I’ve been obsessed with. I’m always on the hunt to find and try the next best sunscreen. Through my years of research, I’ve learned a few things along the way. I wanted to share with you all my tips on staying sun safe as well as my favorite products.
Here are my best tips..
- Leave sunblock and a hat right by the door so you can grab both on your way out. You wont forget when they are easy to reach.
- Use a sunblock stick for quick applications on the face and arms. It takes 2 seconds to put it on. It's especially good for finicky little ones.
- Leave sunblock on the changing table so you can put it on your little one while you’re getting them ready for the day.
- You should use physical mineral sunblock that contains only zinc and titanium dioxide for active ingredients. Those provide the best protection against the sun and are not hormone disruptors.
- Other added chemicals to sunblocks are not nearly as effective as zinc nor are they safe.
- Always put a hat on between the hours of 10-4 when the sun is strongest.
- Look for sunblock with zinc as close to 20% as possible.
- Ensure your zinc is non-nano. This will ensure that it does not enter the bloodstream and stays on the skin's surface. Non-nano zinc is the safest form of zinc available.
FOR QUICK APPLICATIONS
I Iove all these sticks because they have 20% zinc and rub in clear.
These do not provide as much protection as the stick or body ones but they are lightweight and you can’t even feel them on your face.Elta UV Elements Broad-Spectrum SPF 44
FOR ADDED PROTECTION
When I’ve been in the sun for a while, I dust this on my face to take away the shine and add more SPF protection. This one is super fine and mineral based so you can also swipe this on your little one’s face without worrying about the chemicals affecting their body.
SUPERGOOP Invincible Setting Powder SPF 45
FOR FACE AND HEAD PROTECTION
I always put a hat on between the hours of 10-4 when the sun is strongest. I'm always in a BITTY BRAH hat.
BITTY BRAH Salty SurfBITTY BRAH Aloha Vibes
ADDED SPF COVERAGE
I add an additional layer of zinc on areas that tend to burn quicker. I always put an extra layer on my shoulders. Babo is rated a #1 in safety on Environmental Working Group, 100% Non-Nano Zinc Sunscreen and super affordable. It doesn't get better than this.
BABO BOTANTICALS SPF 30 Clear Zinc Lotion
I hope you enjoyed my tips and leave a comment on if you have any additional questions about sun tips!